I'll love you forever

Monday, June 21, 2010

***After I wrote this, I realized that it was a very personal post. I know that I'm kind of putting myself out there- but I've been thinking about it a lot lately. In ten years from now, I'll want to be able to remember this- the good and the bad- because that's life.

Ever since Parker turned a year old, I've been spending a lot of time reflecting on the past year. It's amazing to me how much she's changed. But not only that, it's amazing how much I've changed, and how much our marriage has changed.

I remember the night before I was supposed to be induced. Bevan and I were sitting on the couch, and I started crying. I told him that I was a little sad because it would no longer just be the two of us. But he said to me, "I know, Jess. It's going to be great, it's going to be just the three of us." From that point forward, I was very calm. Even when I went into labor at home in the middle of the night, I was calm. However, that morning when Bevan woke up at 6:30 AM ( we were supposed to be at the hospital at 7 AM to be induced)- he was NOT calm. When I told him how I had been feeling, and what my body had been doing- he was amazed that I didn't come and wake him up.
"You're in LABOR, Jessica!" he told me. But what in the hell did I know? It was my first baby!

A few hours, and a few pushes later- she was here. As soon as she came out, I started crying.
I was overwhelmed with happiness, and shock. It's such a surreal moment when you realize you're life has officially, and forever- changed.

The day after we brought her home, postpartum depression set in. And I don't know if I'm supposed to talk about this, because I don't think its politically correct- but I've never really been one to care about that sort of thing.
Looking back, I probably should have taken something for it. It affected me much worse than I was ever prepared to admit. But at the time- I only cared about breastfeeding my baby- and I knew taking a prescription for the PPD could possibly affect that.
Those 4-6 weeks after giving birth were probably the worst weeks of my life. I was walking around in a complete cloudy, dark haze. I couldn't sleep- even if my baby was sleeping. I couldn't think, and put together a complete thought.
And the worst part of all : I knew I loved my baby, but I could not feel it.
I felt nothing, other than sorry for myself. I cried, and cried, and cried because I knew it wasn't supposed to be like that.

To this day, I have a LOT of guilt for knowing that I was somewhat detached from my baby during those weeks. I know it's through no fault of my own, and it's a "natural" part of giving birth, and it was all to blame on the PPD. But that doesn't matter to me. I never ever, ever want Parker to think I don't or didn't love her- and I should have done something about it.

But after a while- it finally lifted, and it was the most amazing moment of my life. I remember going to get her in the middle of the night to feed her. As I was sitting on the couch, looking down and watching her eat- I felt this overwhelming sense of joy and love. I know this is cliche- but I literally thought my heart was going to burst with how much I loved her.
It's so hard to describe, other than it's the most pure, unfaltering love I've ever felt for anyone.
And it's been that way ever since.
To see her smile, laugh, crawl, walk, babble, and learn have been some of the best moments of my life.




She has brought Bevan and I even closer than I thought possible. She has made us a team.
In the beginning, I had a hard time leaving her with anyone, even Bevan. I had her on a schedule, and I didn't think anyone else would be able to follow it- or take care of her like I could. But I finally realized it didn't matter. He took care of her, and was so very happy to do so.
He's so patient, and kind, and loving with her.
He never gets frustrated, and lives to make her laugh.
I know I am bias, but he's honestly the best dad I've ever met. Three days a week, she stays home with him while I go to work, and he often tells me how much he loves his days at home with her.



This past year has been the best year of my life. Of course we've had hard days, sleepless nights, and frustrating moments. But I would never take back a single minute.
She has been the greatest joy- and honestly- the hardest thing I've ever done.

But more importantly, she has made us a family.
We are all bonded together, for all time and eternity- and I would never want it any other way.





To the most beautiful, charismatic, strong-willed, intelligent, and loving little girl I've ever met:

I'll love you forever.
I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living,
My baby you'll be.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was all so beautiful jess.. the good and the bad... You have a way with words.. Now get back to your book!!! lol

Talia said...

That was a very brave and honest post. Thanks for sharing your moment of darkness. I'm glad the clouds moved and your days are filled with sunshine now. It isn't all butterflies and rainbows being a mom. It's tough, hard work, mixed with natural normal hormones that can make you act crazy (I am familiar with this...), feelings of unworthiness, all while running on very little sleep. It's amazing how we do it. But we do. Unselfishly, courageously, and bravely. Keep up the good work. You are an awesome mom!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jessica, that was so tender and brave. You are such a wonderful mama, I cant tell you how you have inspired me, your loving tone you teach Parker in, the way you love my baby boy. How you put those tender feelings into words is beautiful and I thank you for that mommy moment I just experienced.
I love you forever too!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I've on all occasions liked things like sand clocks, lava lamps, and the like to good of just dissipate time staring at it as a cut of catharsis. In a opportunity, it helps me with meditation, to free lay stress and just deem fro nothing. That's why since I was a kid, instead of dolls and cars I've perpetually sedate more of such pieces like sand clocks, lava lamps, tuneful boxes etc. So I was most pleased when I base the[url=http://www.dealtoworld.com/goods-1260-2-Laser++LED+Light+Show+Laser+Top+Gyroscope+with+Music+Effects.html] 2-Laser + LED Spry Show Laser Outstrip Gyroscope with Music Effects[/url] from DealtoWorld.com protection the Toys section. It's like a musical thump, a spinning better, and a light reveal all rolled into one. Which is capacious relaxation! The gyroscope transfer outing after round a minute. The laser slight pretension with accompanying music makes this gyroscope a pretty corresponding exactly toy that my friends be subjected to also been most amused with.

My dogs are also beautiful intrusive about the laser gyroscope I got from DealtoWorld.com. They each follow the gyroscope as it spins, although at first they kept barking at the laser diverting dismiss accompany, and also because it produces music. But after they got tempered to it, they've stopped barking but just maintain following the gyroscope whenever I start spinning it. Kids are also bonny amused by it. On occasion it's meet to have pleasing toys on all sides the ancestry so that you can desert the small on while the kids are being amused or playing with it while you go get up food or fall heir to changed. The gyroscope is a particular such play with with this purpose.

The gyroscope I bought from DealtoWorld.com has a dragon as a map on it, and produces a taper show with red, dispirited, and unripened colours. Take a look at the pictures I've uploaded of the gyroscope with laser light show. The music produced from the gyroscope is not that renowned but facts enough to consider any chic visitor to the house. The gyroscope is red and black, making it look particular imperturbable, and measure arrogant with that dragon imprint.

The music flare plain gyroscope runs on 6 LR44 batteries, which are replaceable anyway. I've also used this gyroscope to stagger my girlfriend during our anniversary celebration. I did the cheesy chore of decorating the hostelry cell with roses and when I led her in, I started up the gyroscope as correctly so that the laser brighten register produces a romantic effect. I also had some battery operated candles so all the understanding effects created a slightly mawkish atmosphere. She loved it, not later than the going, to my relief. I also bought the candles from DealtoWorld.com. These days it seems to be my default shopping locality suitable all gifts and ideas for romantic occasions.

Since Christmas is coming, this laser lamp show gyroscope can possibly be a great Christmas gift in behalf of the toddler or neutral the mollycoddle! Alternatively, the gyroscope can simply be a nice reckoning to the traditional Christmas decorations. I can presume placing it just about the Christmas tree and perchance spinning it when guests succeed in the house. Looks like [url=http://www.dealtoworld.com]DealtoWorld.com[/url] is getting my subject yet again!

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.49ersonlineofficialstore.com/vernon_davis_jersey_super_bowl]Vernon Davis Jersey[/url] emurbursofs
[url=http://www.footballravensprostore.com/lardarius_webb_jersey_super_bowl]Lardarius Webb Jersey[/url] TynckeyncBype
[url=http://www.footballfalconsproshop.com/julio_jones_jersey_super_bowl]Julio Jones Jersey[/url] Proonseorek

Anonymous said...

[url=http://www.squidoo.com/saclongchampa]longchamp soldes[/url] A favorite toy in the 1960's, The Original Bozo Bop Bag has returned. Bozo the Clown is still a popular character for children of all ages. Bozo, with his blue clown suit and red hair We Provide Women Mulberry Lizzie Leather Hobo Bag Black,In Our Mulberry Handbags Outlet Online Store. that sticks out to the sides and big red nose makes you want to smile, no matter what you age..
[url=http://longchampbagsd.urbanblog.dk/]sac longchamp moins cher[/url] Some pillows have actually been made using stuffing created out of shredded plastic. Just remember to shred the plastic bags into Highly Appreciated Mulberry Women's Bayswater Trimming Oxford & Leather Tote Bag Light Coffee small enough pieces to minimize the noise created when pressure is bending plastic. To recycle paper bags, on the other hand, you can create your own paper by shredding the used paper and using chemicals to strain out the ink and other pigments that have been printed on the paper.
[url=http://saclongchampa.xanga.com/weblog/]sac longchamp[/url] This year is Rolex Watches Replicas all about accessorizing Rolex Watches for men with a MEN WATCHES splash of REPLICA WATCHES color be Michael KORS Watches On Sale it your rolex watches replica handmade rolex watches for sale Covetable Mulberry Outlet Medium Alexa Leather Satchel Light Coffee Bag supply cheap and is save up to 80% off leather gloves, rolex watches for men a stylized rolex replica watches leather wallet rolex mens watches or leather rolex womens watches billfold, a rolex used watches personalized replica rolex watches leather belt fake rolex watches or the buy rolex watches traditional Florentine rolex watches replica uk Tacco coin case. goyard handbags online On line goyard tote you will goyard now find goyard online our 18 K gold goyard price rings in a goyard barneys buccellati style. goyards Delicately carved goyard handbags sand, shell goyard tote replica and agate cameos goyard tote for sale in unique goyard bags and lovely Goyard tote bags designs trimmed in 18 K gold...

Anonymous said...

What phrase... super, excellent idea
I think, that you are not right. I can prove it.
Bravo, is simply excellent idea
It is possible to speak infinitely on this theme.
The question is interesting, I too will take part in discussion. Together we can come to a right answer.

[url=http://shenenmaoyitt.fashionblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://cheapbags9.freeblog.hu/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyipo.cineblog.com.br/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyik.wordpress.com/2013/01/11/fashion-style-miumiu-handbags-retail-at-least-expensive-cost-rich-in-quality/][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]
[url=http://shenenmaoyitt.webstarts.com/?r=20130117213811][b]michael kors outlet online[/b][/url]